US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > General technical discussion

Old 12-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #1

mariusfv is on a distinguished road
Default ISPmanager 5 - PHP as CGI is mod_fcgid ?

Hi,

First of all: Merry Christmas to all!

I've buy another ISPmanager 5 Lite license and I've buy license upgrade from 4 to 5 Lite.

I'm confusing with 5 installed on Centos 6.6 fresh install.

Questions:

1. When you add new username - PHP as CGI is FastCGI (mod_fcgid) ?? - I've read documentation here: http://en.5.ispdoc.com/index.php/Add_new_user - and say's: PHP as CGI - select the check box to enable PHP as FastCGI for the web-domains of the user. If YES - Why in menu can not be named PHP as FastCGI??

2. Firewall menu on ISPmanager 5 is very-very complicated in comparison with 4 version of ISPmanager. Now on services or new menu Network Services are missing direct settings for half-open, half-closed, closed, etc. On Firewall menu is a total confusing with Dependent rules because first you'll see for example on sshd - Allowed from any IP, ONLY after you select and click Dependent you'll see Allowed for IP WHY must be complicated on V5 when was so easy on v4?
And if you want to made a test to lock port 22 - sshd - Allow for IP - and for test you'll put another IP than your IP - to can check if you'll be rejected from connection on 22 - is bug with message: This can damage the server.

3. Where is menu Applications on 5 version? In v4 - 1 click install Clam AV - antivirus...

Every sys admin first settings is SECURITY! Please consider to made easy and VISIBLE firewall rules and to add integration with mod security, CSF Firewall, mod evasive, rootkit hunter, etc - Competition start to think from customer perspective from years!
mariusfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
ISPsystem team

fly is on a distinguished road

Hi,

mariusfv, Merry Christmas!!

1. It is a documentation issue, I have fixed it. PHP as CGI means PHP as CGI. If nginx is installed, you can use php as Fast CGI (Nginx + PHP-FPM).

2. Well, ISPmanager 5 has a new firewall module, that is totally different with ISPmanager 4 firewall module. I do agree with you, firewall menu of ISPmanager 5 more complicated, but in the other way it has more functionality.

Quote:
And if you want to made a test to lock port 22 - sshd - Allow for IP - and for test you'll put another IP than your IP - to can check if you'll be rejected from connection on 22 - is bug with message: This can damage the server.
This is a protection. ISPmanager do not allow to reject a ip address you connected from.
If you want to disable this protection add Option FirewallCheckAccess to ispmgr.conf and restart control panel with command killall core

3. In ISPmanager 5 module Applications has another name - Features. ISPmanager -> Settings -> Features.

Quote:
Every sys admin first settings is SECURITY! Please consider to made easy and VISIBLE firewall rules and to add integration with mod security, CSF Firewall, mod evasive, rootkit hunter, etc - Competition start to think from customer perspective from years!
Thank you for your feedback, we are appreciate that. I will sent this wishes to our developer team.
fly is offline   Reply With Quote