US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > General technical discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #1

manogolf is on a distinguished road
Default Status Icon Status

I and many other users of ISP Manager Pro at vps.net have the same question regarding the spinning wheel status icon.

Whenever an application is installed or a feature enabled that little spinning icon starts doing its job. Problem is it will never stop spinning.

I've let it go for hours and come back and there it is spinning like a workhorse. When does it finish?

The only way I have ever succeeded in learning the status is refresh the page or go look at something else and come back. Sometimes I get the yellow lamp other times the blue then start over with the task again.

It is misleading to think that the icon will ever stop spinning if it doesn't. At what point are you finished and the application has successfully installed?

My recommendation of late has been open a session and install from command line because you will die before that icon stops spinning.

What say you?

Thanks,

Jerry
Old 10-20-2009, 06:44 AM   #2
ISPsystem team

slava is on a distinguished road

The current implementation does not have feedback and reports on successful completion of the process. You need to go back to the place where the installation is run and if the icon status of the disappeared means the process is complete.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #3

manogolf is on a distinguished road

Thanks Slava
Closed Thread