US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Troubleshooting

Old 03-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #1

Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Exclamation open_basedir restriction problem

Ok, I'm having an open_basedir restriction issue. My configuration in apache looks like this:

php_admin_value open_basedir "/var/www/example/data:."
php_admin_value sendmail_path "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f webmaster@example.com"
php_admin_value upload_tmp_dir "/var/www/example/data/mod-tmp"
php_admin_value session.save_path "/var/www/example/data/mod-tmp"

However, when I try using wordpress to update a file, it attempts to download the file to /tmp and causes the following error messages.

Warning: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp//1269397030) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/example/data:.) in /var/www/example/data/www/example.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1924

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/1269397030) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/example/data:.) in /var/www/example/data/www/example.com/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 174

Warning: fileowner() [function.fileowner]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/1269397030) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/example/data:.) in /var/www/example/data/www/example.com/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 628

Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/1269397030) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/example/data:.) in /var/www/example/data/www/example.com/wp-admin/includes/file.php on line 630

Is there any advice or any articles you can point me too which would solve this issue? I have my ISPManager Pro set up to use php as an apache module, and I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. Any help with this would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by Nemesis; 03-29-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #2

Nemesis is on a distinguished road

Scratch that, it seems it was an error with the php code and not with the configuration.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
ISPsystem team

slava is on a distinguished road

Try to change PHP mode in the WWW domain properties to PHP as CGI
slava is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
error, open_basedir, php, session, upload