US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Feedback & Feature Requests

Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #1

ctalkington is on a distinguished road
Default Some Things I Noticed

Hi all,

Just wanted to post some things I have noticed over the past 18 months of using ISPM.

1) When you are logged in as root and go to Domains -> Domains (DNS) and try to add a domain via that level, the IP field is simply a text field when it should be a dropdown of all IPs. Believe this is the same in reseller mode too.

2) I would really like to see the option to force /manager to redirect to the main hostname name of server as SSL is setup for that and not each user's domain. Right now, I have to make a /manage and have it redirect to /manager since Apache seems to ignore .htaccess with ISPM module setup. (/usr/local/ispmgr/bin/)

3) I know the default file encoding within file manager is set by .codepage and I have worked out the issue with home.skel but for new users its would be nice to have a system default setting that is loaded when .codepage isn't found.

4) Updates section of panel has some rendering issues, have seen this happen quite often; http://share.talkingtontech.com/2011-09-25_1748.png

5) I have noticed that when I allow PHP via FastCGI on a reseller the checkbox never sticks but it allows reseller users to have FastCGI so I am guessing that its accepting the setting but not catching that its active in the dialog?

6) I know we have a backup section but I would like to see a export user button of some sorts that exports everything without having to set up a backup plan.

7) I came across the fact that ISPM has access to the user mailbox passwords during my recent migaration, I am not sure where it stores this info but it would be nice if root was able to view the passwords from the panel. I ended up having to download backups of each user to get this info as I wasn't sure of a better way.

Please correct me if I am wrong on any of these! Just somethings that could be polished.
ctalkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #2

In regards to #1, I kinda see why it is a text field but maybe if it had a dropdown that allowed you to select other and enter IP manually in the cases where DNS is for offsite domain. I know most DNS is handled by WWW domains but its just something one of my resellers brought up.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:42 AM   #3
ISPsystem team

vian is on a distinguished road

2) this feature is going to be available in upcoming release (4.4.0)
3,6) we will consider your wishes
5) the bug has beed already fixed
7) ISPmanager doesn't store email passwords itself. On the contrary it keeps all passwords in MTA's configuration files almost every time as a hash. So there is no way to decrypt them and show as plain password.
vian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #4

7) I am running Dovecot and while I noticed the use CRAM-MD5 for password, it appears when backups are ran its able to retrieve the password to include in the archive? it looks something like this in the PBKP_CONTENT file of backup archive:

<hash>{CRAM-MD5}somemd5hash</hash><passwd>removed</passwd>
Old 10-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
ISPsystem team

slava is on a distinguished road

For SMTP authorization email password stored in SASL database or in exim4/passwd file as plain text.
slava is offline   Reply With Quote