US: 1-941-4621-069
  
Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Troubleshooting


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
AD7six is on a distinguished road
Default User Move errors with subdomains

Goal: move a (none-admin) user account from one server to another having multiple email (sub)domains and one web domain with a wildcard subdomain.

Hi,

I'd like to highlight what I think is a bug/limitation with the "user.move" functionality (and a way to get around it.). Maybe this is a known problem but I couldn't find any reference to it.

My Experience was as follows:

1) Create a normal user
2) Log in as normal user
3) Initiate user import
4) "Import user: in progress..."
5) "One or more errors occurred while transferring the user. ..."
6) A log file which contains multiple errors of the form "emaildomain: Failed to restore 'aaa.example.com': Failed to run function emaildomain.edit: code=6 Permission problem . Skip it.

Looking at the log file after this (I've edited it here as it's over a 100 lines long) it contains, in this order:

Code:
Oct 21 11:30:50 emaildomain: Failed to restore 'administrador.example.com': Failed to run function emaildomain.edit: code=6 Permission problem . Skip it.
...
Oct 21 11:30:50 emaildomain: Failed to restore 'example.com': Failed to run function emaildomain.edit: code=2 Already exists . Skip it.
...
Oct 21 11:30:51 Restoring 'xxx@administrador.example.com' failed: Failed to run function email.edit: code=3 Not exists . Skip it.
...
Oct 21 11:30:51 Restoring 'xxx@example.com' failed: Failed to run function email.edit: code=3 Not exists . Skip it.
On the target server after the import - the domain `example.com` did exist but it was not shown to be owned by any user, none of the subdomains had been created.

Trying to think of a way around that, I deleted the user to reinitiate the user import, then recreated the user but before starting created the web and email domain `example.com` assigning it to the relevant user.

The result was a successful import with no errors.

Therefore it would appear (I can provide more log details if necessary but I don't want to do that on a public forum) that due to finding a subdomain before processing the main domain - example.com gets created with incorrect permissions, and thereafter all subdomains fail to import reporting permission errors. From the perspective of the import user everything failed as they can't _see_ `example.com`.

Is there a more appropriate place to submit this information? In any event I hope putting the relevant error messages and solution in one place helps future users.

AD
AD7six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
ISPsystem team
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 233
fly is on a distinguished road
Default

Hello,

I have tried to reproduce the issue. I created email domain "mail.me" and some subdomains. Then I initiated user import. And there were no errors with email domains despite finding a subdomain before processing the main domain.

Oct 22 08:48:46 [38544:0] INFO ... usrparam
Oct 22 08:48:46 [38544:0] INFO ... deletezonesonslaves
Oct 22 08:48:46 [38544:0] INFO ... emaildomain
Oct 22 08:48:46 [38544:0] INFO Restoring 'admin.mail.me'...
Oct 22 08:48:46 [38544:0] INFO Restoring 'boris.mail.me'...
Oct 22 08:48:47 [38544:0] INFO Restoring 'mail.me'...
Oct 22 08:48:47 [38544:0] INFO Restoring 'mail.you'...
Oct 22 08:48:48 [38544:0] INFO ... email

In your log I see the error: Failed to restore 'example.com': Failed to run function emaildomain.edit: code=2 Already exists . Skip it

So, emaildomain exists on new server. That is why example.com and subdomains were not imported.
fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
AD7six is on a distinguished road
Default

Hi fly,

Thanks for the reply and investigating.

I did the same thing to obtain a clean/specific log - and clearly my original conclusion on the cause is incorrect.

However, this was a new install - the domain example.com did not exist until the import was ran for the first time (and I kept deleting it before re-importing). Given how I got importing the subdomains to work, I don't believe that could cause subdomain imports to fail, moreover the contents (web, db and emails) of example.com were imported successfully after creating the domain manually.

I will need to look in /usr/local/ispmgr/var/ispmgr.log to see if I can separate the import entries from other noise - there isn't an obvious indicator to me as to when the main domain entry was created and why it was created with the wrong permissions (belonging to nobody).

I do not own a spare license, otherwise I'd be quite happy to repeat the migration process onto a different machine to pinpoint the actual reason.
AD7six is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
import error

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:46 AM.