US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Troubleshooting
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #1

rx1 is on a distinguished road
Question ispmanager pro / debian 5.0 lenny / mysql problem

Hey, everyone,

I've installed ispmanager pro on a debian 5.0 lenny x86_64.

The operating system itself was clean/minimal install without any services running prior to ispmanager pro installation.

During ispmanager installation it said something like "error determining mysql server". After the installation was complete i could see that mysql server was installed and running, but within ispmanager control panel it was un-detected at Server Configuration -> Database servers.

At this stage i was searching this forum and found some similar issues with ispmanager and debian 4.0 etch, following, that i should manually add mysql server and setup proper "Path to socket file".

Which i did and this is how it looks in my ispmanager:

After that mysql server shows up in Database servers.

Then i went to Tools -> Services and MySQL server seems to show blue light here, which i suppose means it is down?

However even it looks like this, mysql seems to be working now, from e.g. php scripts and phpmyadmin.

But there is a problem. From time to time, randomly, i get mysql connection errors from within website php scripts or by accessing phpmyadmin from ispmanager.

The error that shows up is something like this: "internal error cannot connect to database".

Then if i refresh the page within a browser for a few times (2 or 3 times) "connection error" dissappears and scripts continue to work as normal.

However as this is not a proper mysql behavior, i'm looking for any helps regarding this.

Thanks.
rx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #2

rx1 is on a distinguished road

I forgot to mention that i acquired ispmanager pro license throught VPS.net, so if you can point me in right direction if support for this issue is out of scope for forums support.
rx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:14 AM   #3
ISPsystem team

GakcaT is on a distinguished road

In this case you should buy the support for your ISPmanager. You can do that by our billing system. Complete a registration on the page http://ispsystem.com/en.
GakcaT is offline   Reply With Quote