US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > General discussion > Pricing, Billing, & Licensing

Old 01-27-2015, 09:27 PM   #1

XCore is on a distinguished road
Default Hsphere to IPSSystem

Hello all,

I'm a longtime hsphere user (since 2002). It appears to me that LLs has put hsphere on a gradual demise to migration to their other products (just my own observation). Therefore, I'm looking to make a change and ISPSystems seems to be the best move for me given my own needs and experience.

I've long been an hsphere fan and user mostly due to the ease of management over a cluster of Nix & Win servers. ISPSystems seems to fit that need.

That said, I do need to make sure I have the licensing understood. I've seen a lot of questions and answers here about licensing but I figure best to make sure I have my own specific needs addressed rather than depend on those answers.

I have a dedicated server. Installed on that server is SolusVM with which I manage my VPSes. They are (for example) CP, Mail, SQL, NS2, Web & VPSs (total of 6). If I understand the licensing here, I need 5 ISPManager licenses and 1 VManager license plus any other ISPSystem Managers I want such as IP, DNS, etc.

Am I correct in my license assumptions?

Thank you for any clarification you can provide.
XCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:01 AM   #2
ISPsystem team

ksenya is on a distinguished road

Hello XCore,

thank you for your interest in our software products.
I'm sure we'll find the right solution according to your needs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCore View Post
I have a dedicated server. Installed on that server is SolusVM with which I manage my VPSes. They are (for example) CP, Mail, SQL, NS2, Web & VPSs (total of 6). If I understand the licensing here, I need 5 ISPManager licenses and 1 VManager license plus any other ISPSystem Managers I want such as IP, DNS, etc.
Well, in this case you don't need 5 ISPmanager licenses - you will need only one ISPmanager Business. All of you servers can be managed from this one license - you just need to add them as nodes to your ISPmanager Business.

Then you will need 1 VMmanager for managing your VPS, IPmanager - for automatic allocation of IP addresses to your client's servers. As for DNSmanager - its functions can be configured via ISPmanager as well, but it's better to discuss this questions with our support team - they will tell you the best way.

If you have more questions about our products, their functionality, licensing policy, pricing, etc. please write to sales@ispsystem.com.
ksenya is offline   Reply With Quote