US: 1-941-4621-069
  
Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Troubleshooting


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 03:27 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
pip is on a distinguished road
Default Whats the difference?

Whats the difference between VDSManager, VDSManager-SMP and VDSManager-linux?

Also, ive been reading manuals and found an option for VDSManager to transfer vds from one server to another. How is it done? Is it necessary to have vds manager installed on the second server there i would transfer vds to?

Thanks.
pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 105
Wishmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Whats the difference between VDSManager, VDSManager-SMP and VDSManager-linux?
VDSManager and VDSManager-SMP are both designed for FreeBSD (SMP stands for Symmetric Multiprocessing)
VDSManager-linux is designed for Linux

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Is it necessary to have vds manager installed on the second server there i would transfer vds to?
yep, transferring a vds required VDSmanager installed on both servers
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
pip is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
VDSManager and VDSManager-SMP are both designed for FreeBSD (SMP stands for Symmetric Multiprocessing)
VDSManager-linux is designed for Linux



yep, transferring a vds required VDSmanager installed on both servers
Ok, symmetric Miltiprocessing means 2 processors and more. If i have Dual Core and Quad core single processor do i need VDSManager-SMP?

Im being damn, I just found out that you have russian forum here. Will see you over there.
pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:07 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 105
Wishmaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Ok, symmetric Miltiprocessing means 2 processors and more. If i have Dual Core and Quad core single processor do i need VDSManager-SMP?
Since SMP means "Symmetric Multi-processing", it is a term that generally refers to the situation where a computer has more than one processor core, eg DualCore. The VDSmanager-SMP is exacty for such cases like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip View Post
Im being damn, I just found out that you have russian forum here. Will see you over there.
That is not lost that comes at last...

Last edited by Wishmaster; 12-24-2007 at 06:10 AM.
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:53 AM.