US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Feedback & Feature Requests

Old 10-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #1

ashtakshara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ashtakshara
Default Qpopper support

When I had ISPManager Pro running in Trial Mode, ISPSystem Support advised me Qpopper support is not available but that I could make a feature request. So here I am to make the request.
ashtakshara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #2
ISPsystem team

slava is on a distinguished road

We use Dovecot because it uses own file with logins and password and it is a very powerfull POP3/IMAP server.
All email users (pathes to mailbox file) by default (if you use Sendmail MTA and Dovecot for POP3/IMAP) will be stored in the /etc/mail/virtusertables, /etc/mail/aliases and /etc/dovecot/dovecot.passwd. It's simple and configurable.

Qpopper does not have flexibility to configure and pointing pathes to mailboxes and not developed at this time.

Why do you need this software?

But ISPmanager supports this software (but its use is highly not recommended and depricated). You can install Qpopper manually by himself and enable old email system style in the ISPmanager configuration file by POP3 syspop3 parametr (see documentation).

The old mail system (Qpopper syspop3) can cause problems when using multiple mail domains and the same names mailbox, therefore, strongly recommended to use Dovecot. It is installed by default on all operating systems with different MTA.

Last edited by tanya; 12-21-2009 at 05:59 AM.
slava is offline   Reply With Quote