US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Feedback & Feature Requests

Old 09-08-2004, 05:27 AM   #1

Default mail system

Hi,

I was playing round witht he demo and I notice your software doesn't support virtual mail users as far as I can tell, for example if you have 2 sites, lets say test.com and trial.com, you can't add an admin@trial.com mail account AND a admin@test.com account, it just says that username is already in use.

You *NEED* to be able to use virtual accounts so you can have admin@test.com and admin@trial.com, a descent setup of postfix and courier-pop3/imapd supports virtual mysql users. You should implement this feature as it is very important.

If you host several sites obviously some people are going to want admin@theirsite.com and they can't use it if someone else is already using admin@othersite.com.

Sam.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:33 AM   #2

For example, some fo the "cpanel" hosts out tehir are hosting over 400 domains, lots of those domains will be using the e-mail address "webmaster@thatdomain.com" if you have 400 domains with the current state of ISPManager, you'll only be able to use each name once over the 400 domains. Lots of people are going to want to be able to use admin@theirwebsite.com and if someone else has already used that name on their domain it's not going to be available for someone else.
Old 09-08-2004, 05:46 AM   #3

Once the mail problem is fixed, ISPsystem will be one of the best control panels out their with its simple user interface, and easy to understand language.

Good work guys.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:02 AM   #4

alain

Yes. we know, we should support virtual mail boxes.
Now it is in progress and should be ready this month.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:13 AM   #5

Well,

I love your software, and I want to use it. But I can't until you have virtual mail support. As soon as it's ready I am going to buy a few licenses so theres your encouragement