US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > Other products > DNSmanager

Old 01-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #1

sean is on a distinguished road
Default Configure Reverse DNS

Hello,
Ive manage to setup domains etc and all working but when i do a reverse dns lookup it says that no hostname is associated with this IP and reverse dns look up not configured.
How do I configure reverse dns look up so that my domain is associated with my ip address?

please help!!
sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #2
ISPsystem team

slava is on a distinguished road

Hello, ask your Internet connection provider (who gives you the IP-addresses for the server, datacenter) for reverse (PTR) records. This is usually they set up these records. For managing this yourself your provider of IP-addresses can delegate in-addr.arpa domain on your server and then you can create this domain in the Domain names menu and manage them.
slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #3

TomvB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by slava View Post
Hello, ask your Internet connection provider (who gives you the IP-addresses for the server, datacenter) for reverse (PTR) records. This is usually they set up these records. For managing this yourself your provider of IP-addresses can delegate in-addr.arpa domain on your server and then you can create this domain in the Domain names menu and manage them.
How is this possible with your own IP addresses? I have IP addresses from RIPE. How can I configure IP addresses from RIPE with DNSmanager without DNS reverse zones? (sorry, old post, but still interested)
TomvB is offline   Reply With Quote