US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > General technical discussion

Old 12-26-2009, 10:43 PM   #1

cbox is on a distinguished road
Default Installation and integration

Hi,

I'm trying to install and configure ipmanager, billmanager, dnsmanager and ispmanager for our shared hosting services.
Plans are to use dsmanager later on if things works as intended.

I do have some trouble getting it all to work, but hopefully someone can help me with this. Basicly i have troubles understanding the architecture of the products, and i find the documentation to be very poor.

1. which products should be installed on seperat servers, and which products can be shared? I can imagen that ispmanager should be on a seperat server, but can ipmanager, billmanager and dnsmanager be installed on one server, and

2. in which order should i install and configure the services?

3. How can i make ipmanager work? I have issues configuring it, and the documentation has not been able to help me do it. I have a few single ip adresses and a few subnets, but no class-c networks.

4. in ipmanager i need to point each subnet to a existing reverse dns file. Is this a file i should create in a normal bind installation, in a dnsmanager installation or how should this be configured?

5. In DNSmanager i need to type in a DNS namespace. What are this and what should i type in?

Best regards
Sylvester Nielsen
cbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #2

tanya is on a distinguished road

Hi Sylvester,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbox View Post
1. which products should be installed on seperat servers, and which products can be shared? I can imagen that ispmanager should be on a seperat server, but can ipmanager, billmanager and dnsmanager be installed on one server, and
ISPmanager and DNSmanager shouldn't be installed on one server. There are not any other limits.

Quote:
2. in which order should i install and configure the services?
No matter in what order you are planning to install and configure the services. You can do it as you like.

Quote:
3. How can i make ipmanager work? I have issues configuring it, and the documentation has not been able to help me do it. I have a few single ip adresses and a few subnets, but no class-c networks.
You should create class-c networks for existing IP. Then when you assign the access to IP-addresses for separate users, you should denote only IP-addresses that you have.

Quote:
4. in ipmanager i need to point each subnet to a existing reverse dns file. Is this a file i should create in a normal bind installation, in a dnsmanager installation or how should this be configured?
You should create the reverse dns file manually.

Quote:
5. In DNSmanager i need to type in a DNS namespace. What are this and what should i type in?
You can type any name.
tanya is offline   Reply With Quote