View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #1

AD7six is on a distinguished road
Default User Move errors with subdomains

Goal: move a (none-admin) user account from one server to another having multiple email (sub)domains and one web domain with a wildcard subdomain.

Hi,

I'd like to highlight what I think is a bug/limitation with the "user.move" functionality (and a way to get around it.). Maybe this is a known problem but I couldn't find any reference to it.

My Experience was as follows:

1) Create a normal user
2) Log in as normal user
3) Initiate user import
4) "Import user: in progress..."
5) "One or more errors occurred while transferring the user. ..."
6) A log file which contains multiple errors of the form "emaildomain: Failed to restore 'aaa.example.com': Failed to run function emaildomain.edit: code=6 Permission problem . Skip it.

Looking at the log file after this (I've edited it here as it's over a 100 lines long) it contains, in this order:

Code:
Oct 21 11:30:50 emaildomain: Failed to restore 'administrador.example.com': Failed to run function emaildomain.edit: code=6 Permission problem . Skip it.
Oct 21 11:30:50 emaildomain: Failed to restore 'example.com': Failed to run function emaildomain.edit: code=2 Already exists . Skip it.
Oct 21 11:30:51 Restoring 'xxx@administrador.example.com' failed: Failed to run function email.edit: code=3 Not exists . Skip it.
Oct 21 11:30:51 Restoring 'xxx@example.com' failed: Failed to run function email.edit: code=3 Not exists . Skip it.
On the target server after the import - the domain `example.com` did exist but it was not shown to be owned by any user, none of the subdomains had been created.

Trying to think of a way around that, I deleted the user to reinitiate the user import, then recreated the user but before starting created the web and email domain `example.com` assigning it to the relevant user.

The result was a successful import with no errors.

Therefore it would appear (I can provide more log details if necessary but I don't want to do that on a public forum) that due to finding a subdomain before processing the main domain - example.com gets created with incorrect permissions, and thereafter all subdomains fail to import reporting permission errors. From the perspective of the import user everything failed as they can't _see_ `example.com`.

Is there a more appropriate place to submit this information? In any event I hope putting the relevant error messages and solution in one place helps future users.

AD
AD7six is offline   Reply With Quote