View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 AM   #2

tanya is on a distinguished road

Hi Sylvester,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbox View Post
1. which products should be installed on seperat servers, and which products can be shared? I can imagen that ispmanager should be on a seperat server, but can ipmanager, billmanager and dnsmanager be installed on one server, and
ISPmanager and DNSmanager shouldn't be installed on one server. There are not any other limits.

Quote:
2. in which order should i install and configure the services?
No matter in what order you are planning to install and configure the services. You can do it as you like.

Quote:
3. How can i make ipmanager work? I have issues configuring it, and the documentation has not been able to help me do it. I have a few single ip adresses and a few subnets, but no class-c networks.
You should create class-c networks for existing IP. Then when you assign the access to IP-addresses for separate users, you should denote only IP-addresses that you have.

Quote:
4. in ipmanager i need to point each subnet to a existing reverse dns file. Is this a file i should create in a normal bind installation, in a dnsmanager installation or how should this be configured?
You should create the reverse dns file manually.

Quote:
5. In DNSmanager i need to type in a DNS namespace. What are this and what should i type in?
You can type any name.
tanya is offline   Reply With Quote