View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 AM   #1

ctalkington is on a distinguished road
Default Some Things I Noticed

Hi all,

Just wanted to post some things I have noticed over the past 18 months of using ISPM.

1) When you are logged in as root and go to Domains -> Domains (DNS) and try to add a domain via that level, the IP field is simply a text field when it should be a dropdown of all IPs. Believe this is the same in reseller mode too.

2) I would really like to see the option to force /manager to redirect to the main hostname name of server as SSL is setup for that and not each user's domain. Right now, I have to make a /manage and have it redirect to /manager since Apache seems to ignore .htaccess with ISPM module setup. (/usr/local/ispmgr/bin/)

3) I know the default file encoding within file manager is set by .codepage and I have worked out the issue with home.skel but for new users its would be nice to have a system default setting that is loaded when .codepage isn't found.

4) Updates section of panel has some rendering issues, have seen this happen quite often; http://share.talkingtontech.com/2011-09-25_1748.png

5) I have noticed that when I allow PHP via FastCGI on a reseller the checkbox never sticks but it allows reseller users to have FastCGI so I am guessing that its accepting the setting but not catching that its active in the dialog?

6) I know we have a backup section but I would like to see a export user button of some sorts that exports everything without having to set up a backup plan.

7) I came across the fact that ISPM has access to the user mailbox passwords during my recent migaration, I am not sure where it stores this info but it would be nice if root was able to view the passwords from the panel. I ended up having to download backups of each user to get this info as I wasn't sure of a better way.

Please correct me if I am wrong on any of these! Just somethings that could be polished.
ctalkington is offline   Reply With Quote