View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:28 AM   #3

markb1439 is on a distinguished road

Actually, upon further review and evaluation of other products, I have reversed my position. I was lured in by the low prices and features of some other products (HyperVM/LXAdmin, etc.), but then I found their many issues and inconsistent support. So I tried various ISPsystem products again in more detail, and I found that most of my original issues aren't issues at all.

For example:

Sure, other products may have a bigger market share. But if the products are full of bugs and have inadequate support, what good is a big market share? ISPsystem products may be a well-kept secret, but they work and the support is great. During my trials I always got responses very quickly, from various people on the support team (instead of a one-man show like other products).

As for third-party add-ons, I see growth in this area so there is potential.

Regarding billing software compatibility, I had pretty much selected WHMCS until I heard about some of the major issues it's been having (as discussed on WHT...not invoicing some clients and applying credits to others). So I have settled on AWBS, which is compatible with ISPsystem products.

Regarding the lack of a VDSmanager Linux demo license, I was wrong. There is a trial license, it just wasn't listed with the others...you need to request it from support. I've tested the product very successfully now.

As for pricing, I would like to see ISPsystem price their products a bit lower to be competitive. However, I have realized that the one-time licenses can be just as low as other products per VDS, etc.

So my continued research has changed my mind, and I am looking forward to launching a hosting business with ISPsystem products. I am looking forward to giving my clients a clean interface that's easy to use.

I felt it only fair to post again since my opinions have changed.
markb1439 is offline   Reply With Quote