View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 11:30 AM   #3

Default Antivirus and Antispam interface

Greetins everybody,
Many widely used control panels like Cpanel and Plesk do have antivirus and antispam interfaces. Although they may require extra payment to enable these features, this is a very useful tool for hosting bussiness. For example, you may enable or disable antivirus/antispam per domain, or mail box. Plesk adds DrWeb antivirus for email protection with domain/mail box level control for $200 per year. I use it on a dedicated server and it works fine.
Spamassassin may be installed for server-wide spam protection. The problem is with antivirus. I don't personally know any good and effective open source, or reasonably priced commercial email antivirus. DrWeb email protection for unlimitted mail boxes, bought directly from their web site sells at a very high price.
You cannot sell hosting srvice without email antivirus protection these days. I think ISPmanager has to add this feature to their product. Or, if you know of a practical and effective way to add this by other ways, please let others know.
Thank you.