View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #1

Jarred is on a distinguished road
Default ISPM5 features - few questions from ISPM4' user

Hallo,

I would like to asked you for few things:

1. why Admin (without crown) cannot access to Cron scheduler? Superadmin can, simple user can, but admin cannot?
It's quite important, because common situation is that superuser (admin with crown) is someone from server housing company and I as admin without crown is the "true" owner of all this stuff, who have several users (customers). Because I am the one who sets the common functionality (backups, cron scheduling etc.) I have to acces to Cron scheduler. I can disable Cron for common users (and I will do this), but after that I am not able to manage theirs Crons any more.
This is huge problem - I guess - for many of your customers. We are not superusers, we are just admins, but we need to manipulate with all the key functions and also we must have the options to disable these functions for common users (and e.g. let them just manage theirs mail).

2. If I disable handling with backups (scheduling, backuping etc.) for common users, will ISPM5 still be generate errors like "Failed to run function xxx: Permission denied" as ISPM4 does?

Thank you for info.
Jarred is offline   Reply With Quote