ISPsystem.com Forums

ISPsystem.com Forums (http://forum.ispsystem.com//index.php)
-   General technical discussion (http://forum.ispsystem.com//forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Product Details Needed (http://forum.ispsystem.com//showthread.php?t=234)

markb1439 06-17-2008 01:12 AM

Product Details Needed

Hi,

These products look good, but I can't figure out if they will accomplish what I want to do.

I want to start a hosting business selling standard web hosting, reseller hosting, VDSs and dedicated servers, with automated signup through ClientExec, WHMCS or something similar.

I know that ISPmanager can handle standard web hosting and reseller hosting, but I don't know if it will allow me to automate provision of VDSs. I know there's a separate VDSmanager, but I don't know if it's a subset of ISPmanager (in other words, does ISPmanager also include these features)? Or do I need ISPmanager and VDSmanager (Linux)? If so, does automated VDS setup/provision only occur with AWBS. I've heard bad things about that billing software.

Please advise me what I need to accomplish this. Thanks!

Wishmaster 06-17-2008 06:33 AM

If you wish to resell servers, you will need VDSmanager. Then the ISPmanager control panel is optional.

Now we see no reasons for the integration with any other billing systems, since our own product is well under way.

markb1439 06-17-2008 07:10 AM

Hi,

Are you saying that VDSmanager has its own billing/provisioning module? (I am not sure because there is no demo available, at least I didn't find one.) However, what about a hosting provider offering more than VDS? I guess they would use their billing software for standard hosting, and yours for VDS sales?

Wishmaster 06-17-2008 08:48 AM

I say that our own billing system is coming soon.
To make it clear:
VDSmanager was especially tailored to create virtual servers.
ISPmanager allows to manage any server and its services.
DSmanager provides a full Dedicated Server management service.
DNSmanager control panel will configure the nameservers on your server and assist you in the process of setting things up.
IPmanager allows our customers to manage/assign IP addresses.
Through the API of these products, any billing system will get required information about an account.

markb1439 06-18-2008 12:45 AM

Quote:

ISPmanager allows to manage any server and its services.
Except dedicated and VDS, right?

Wishmaster 06-18-2008 05:18 AM

ISPmanager is a control panel as for VPS so for dedicated server management

islanding 09-29-2009 06:14 PM

I am using ISPManager Pro, but it does not work with WHMCS. I would rather change control panels than restructure the whole billing system. You said you are coming out with your own, this does not mean we would use it, not right away anyways. Some of our systems have been in place for sometime and would require a major effort to revamp. It would be in your best interest to open up your market by working with other popular systems.

slava 09-29-2009 07:24 PM

You can not use 2 panels on the server. The main difference ISPmanager - is that unlike other control panels, it uses the software in the distro repos (apache, php).
Other panels install into server own "patched" software and to adapt to them does not possible.