US: 1-941-4621-069

Cyprus: 3-572-2052-781

Go Back   ISPsystem.com Forums > ISPmanager > Troubleshooting

Old 12-18-2015, 02:12 AM   #1

ayizhong is on a distinguished road
Question Creating API user with only certain function capabilities?

I need to use the ISPmanager API to only create email aliases. Is my only option to create an admin user? Can I create a user with lower credentials?

If admin user is my only choice, then I see I can limit the user for Access "to specified functions only". There is then a "function list" I can add, but I am unclear what functions and in what format I should add them. I only want the API user to create/delete/modify/read email aliases.... is there a function list somewhere?

Many thanks~
ayizhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
ISPsystem team

fly is on a distinguished road

Hello,

There is only way to use admin user. Any other user will be able to modify only his email aliases.

It is possible to restrict access for that admin in Access to function module. Create there a new group with user role - administrator and then go to Permissions. In the Permissions module you may manage user access rights.
fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:59 AM   #3

Thanks for your quick help! I'm using ISPmanager-Pro 4.4.10.28. Where can I create a new user group? I understand basically, what you mean, but I'm having trouble locating the user group creation area.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:21 AM   #4
ISPsystem team

fly is on a distinguished road

Oh, I was talking about ISPmanager 5. It is not possible to create group with permissions in the ISPmanager 4.
fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 05:23 AM   #5

Ah ok, yes I've tried multiple times to install ISPmanager 5 on clean VMs for at least the last 18 months and always have problems. So all our servers still running v4. Ok, I'll find another solution

Tags
api