PDA

View Full Version : Vmmanager IP address pool and gateway

shadowhome
11-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Hi
Im having an issue with adding ip addresses to the pool.
The provider Im using is online.net, now when I add another IP address to my physical server and obtain a MAC address, the way online works is when I setup that virtual IP with its MAC address I use the main physical address of the server as the gateway, even though this is not in the same range as the IP address. It still works and (IMHO) a little odd but thats the way it is.
Now when I try setting up the address pool it won't let me add it as the gateway is not within the range. i.e.
An error occurred in the IP address management module. This gateway is not included into the range

How can I get around this?

Many thank

PS, here is a link explaining the setup from online.net forum
http://forum.online.net/index.php?/topic/4457-howto-proxmox-ip-failover-in-kvm-windows7-vm-beginners-guide/

usaafko
11-19-2014, 09:08 AM
when I setup that virtual IP with its MAC address I use the main physical address of the server as the gateway, even though this is not in the same range as the IP address. It still works and (IMHO) a little odd but thats the way it is.
Sorry, but VMmanager only could add pool with gateway inside
But you could "cheat" - create pool with a configuration you need, once VDS is installed change network setting inside