PDA

View Full Version : SMTP Auth fails

loevstroem
08-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Hi,

I had a lot of trouble sending mail since my ISP blocks port 25. This has lead me to perform a clean install of ISP Manager Pro with Postfix.

Unfortunately when my mail client tries to connect to SMTP I get invalid username or password.

Your FAQ is abit empty at this area:
When I create new mailboxes, how can I login to them?

Usually login name is the same as email address (user@example.com). Remember to enable smtp-auth for your login and password.

- Where do I enable smtp-auth?
- Shouldnt SMTP authentication be created automatically when I create a mailbox in ISP Manager Pro?

Thanks in advance

sad
08-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Hi,

I had a lot of trouble sending mail since my ISP blocks port 25. This has lead me to perform a clean install of ISP Manager Pro with Postfix.

try to connect to 587 port instead 25

Unfortunately when my mail client tries to connect to SMTP I get invalid username or password.

Your FAQ is abit empty at this area:
When I create new mailboxes, how can I login to them?

Usually login name is the same as email address (user@example.com). Remember to enable smtp-auth for your login and password.

- Where do I enable smtp-auth?
- Shouldnt SMTP authentication be created automatically when I create a mailbox in ISP Manager Pro?

Thanks in advance

your must enable smtp-auth in you mail client software

loevstroem
08-16-2010, 12:04 PM
My current setup is like this:
Port 587 in specific (the port is open),
mail.domain.com,
username@domain.com,
password (same as for incoming mail)

Unfortunately this fails server saying wrong username/password.

Shouldnt smtp-auth be enabled by default? Most other server software completes the installation and configuration for you- but with this I need to go configure the smtp auth using SSH? You haven't even provided a how to..

loevstroem
08-16-2010, 01:06 PM
I really need some advice how to connect my ISP Manager Pro mailboxes with SMTP authentication. My users must be able to use their POP3/IMAP credentials when connecting to SMTP. It seems that this is not done automatically, even though I used the automatic installer/configuration.

I hope someone can help me on this. Thanks in advance

lehua768
08-19-2010, 06:07 AM
I really need some advice how to connect my ISP Manager Pro mailboxes with SMTP authentication. My users must be able to use their POP3/IMAP credentials when connecting to SMTP. It seems that this is not done automatically, even though I used the automatic installer/configuration.Shouldnt smtp-auth be enabled by default? Most other server software completes the installation and configuration for you- but with this I need to go configure the smtp auth using SSH? You haven't even provided a how to..

loevstroem
08-23-2010, 03:21 PM
BUMP - Anyone who can provide some help to fix this problem?

sad
08-27-2010, 03:35 AM
You should make a request to the support team for help. Here we can guess about your server settings for a long time.

loevstroem
09-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Hello Sad,

Where to make a ticket for the support team? I still haven't been able to figure out the problem.